Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Go Grills!

We have become a cryptic-type society around here with our own language and all that! Here are some of the more commonly used words and their respective definitions...

Grills-(n.) plural for girl, homey and such. The meaning behind this word started with my younger sister who has quite a knack for attracting "intelligent" men. (I use the word intelligent in the most sarcastic sense) While visiting a McDonald's in a neighboring town, I happened upon a certain fry cook who had attended high school with my sister. He requested that I pass along his telephone number to my sister and I was willing to oblige. He quickly scrawled a note with his number. The note (I read it later, all good sisters would do that, right?!?) said, "Call me sometime gril". Henceforth, gril was a staple in the language of myself and all my "grills".

Hoopty-(n.) my mini-van. The meaning behind this word simply began when I was reluctantly forced into driving a "not-so-new" mini-van because of my ever increasing brood of children. It is often referred to as the "Hoopty Lounch Bus".

Louse-(n.) a disease. We use this term very loosely to describe just about anything that ails us or those around us. We just like the way it sounds. Louse can be cured with validity. (I don't know why, it just sounds funny when your humor I.Q. didn't get past the sixth grade.)

This is only a smattering of the vocabulary that we are accustomed to using. This is enough to get y'all started so that our entries won't be completely Greek to everyone!

1 comment:

♥B said...

Most of our funny words seem to come from you and Taeter. Adna and I are going to have to catch up aren't we!